COVID requirements for Tenerife
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there have been some changes to entry requirements for arrivals into the Canary Islands. Before you go away, you’ll need to:
- Download the SpTH app to your mobile device and complete the form.
- If you don’t have a mobile device, you can complete the form online here.
- As part of the Spanish entry form, if you are travelling from a “risk country” you’ll have to confirm that you have a negative COVID-19 test result, taken within 72 hours of arrival into the Canary Islands. You’ll also need to present your negative test result on arrival into the Canary Islands and when checking in to your accommodation. Please note the evidence of your negative COVID-19 test result must feature:
- Your full name
- Your passport number
- The date/time your test was performed
- Name of the laboratory/contact details of the laboratory
- The analysis technique used
- A negative result
- Once you’ve completed the form, you’ll receive a QR code. Keep this handy while travelling as you’ll need to show it at border control.
- Present a negative COVID-19 test result when checking in to your accommodation, taken within 72 hours of arrival into the Canary Islands. If you don’t do this, you may be refused entry.
- Download and activate the Radar COVID notification app throughout your stay on the islands before and for 15 days after your return home.
For details of the risk countries required to have a test for entry to Tenerife and for any further information on entry requirements please see the FCDO website and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website
Fit to fly COVID tests
Recommended by TUI:
COVID-19 HOME TESTING KIT – Randox Health
Recommended by JET 2:
PCR / Swab test and Fit to Fly certificate – perform at home – Confirm Testing
Please email us if as we can supply discount codes for the above companies.
There are however many private centres who operate both in-house appointments and home testing kits.
Social distancing measures in Tenerife
As with any country Spain is operating social distancing measures. Please note however that in this respect, Tenerife and the Canary Islands do operate independently from Spain and have their own guidance.
Tenerife is actively welcoming tourists and whilst social distancing measures are in place, the authorities want holiday makers to have the best experience possible on the island. Yes we are operating in a “new normal” world but we are confident that our guests will still have a memorable holiday whilst still adhering to social distancing measures.
Currently all bars and restaurants are open – but with certain restrictions. Most business are open and in the main life goes as normal.
Restrictions and social distancing measures in Tenerife can change all the time. We recommend our clients keep up to date by visiting the following resources:
Hello Canary Islands
The Canarian Weeky newspaper
Janet Anscombe, Tenerife blogger
Keeping you safe
We are sure that all our guests will have a wonderful time in Tenerife but to ensure your utmost safety (and of our staff), the COVID-19 prevention measures described on this page are in line with current Canarian authorities ruling and directives and are compulsory.
When booking with us you are confirming you agree to comply with these measures.
- Departure. All guests MUST vacate the property sharp at 10 AM to allow enough time for cleaning and safety break before next guests arrive.
2. Linen Changes
- Linens and bedding may disperse viral particulates during bed changes into the air, especially if the linen was recently used.
- Therefore, the mid-stay linen changes and cleans will be suspended, and fresh linen left instead on guests arrivals for them to make the beds themselves.
3. Maintenance & Guests Support
- We will keep providing our usual support for guests, however we will limit it to a telephone advisory service as much as possible to avoid direct contact.
- We will triage maintenance enquiries by letting guests know that some smaller requests that can wait until after departure may not be able to be honoured.
- We will only attend to an enquiry or dispatch a third-party vendor if the issue is truly something that needs to be handled immediately, while the guest is still in residence. Non-essential visits will be severely limited or restricted.
- We will also require that all guests should vacate property for the maintenance technical team to enter. Entry when guests are present will be discouraged
- In case it is necessary for the guests to be present during the service, we will require them having protective masks during our visit and maintaining social distancing (2 meters).
Our “worry-free” booking policy
We understand we are in uncertain times and there could be a variety of reasons why, that after booking, may not be able to travel. This is why we want to be as flexible as possible for our customers.
For all new direct bookings from 1st Jan 2021 we are offering the following options, for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to arrival:
- Free 75% cancellation up to 7 days before arrival. A no quibble straight refund of 75% of the total value of your booking.
- Booking amendment service. For a booking amendment fee we can move your booking to any future dates of the same value. (Should the new period cost more than the difference in price will need to be paid).
Booking amendment fees are calculated on the value of the booking:
Up to £400 = £49 amendment fee
£401 – £749 = £99 amendment fee
£750 – £999 = £129 amendment fee
£1000 – £1499 = £169 amendment fee
Over £1500 = £199 amendment fee
- If you are refused a fit to fly certificate due to a positive PCR COVID test taken within 72 hours of arrival, we can offer a voucher worth 100% of the total booking value to be redeemed within 2 years. Voucher can only be used once.